The Storyline Collection: Meet Fay
To create our Storyline Collection, our Artisan Partners use refined materials like 10k gold and semi-precious stones to create beautiful designs that tell a story—both for the wearer and the maker. With your purchases, you make it possible for our partners to walk alongside more women as they overcome human trafficking and exploitation and step into a life of hope and dignity. Meet one the women who brings this special collection to life.
Birthday: February 24, 1995
Arrived at Our Partner Workshop: August 2012
Job Title: Accounting Assistant & HR Administrator
- How did you come to be at Noonday’s Partner Business?
Outreach volunteers met me in the shops. You have to take an overnight train to get to the business headquarters city from my hometown.
- What are your job responsibilities in the Artisan Business?
I am the Accounting Assistant and HR Assistant for our Headquarters Branch. I help our accountant Helen.
- What moment at the Artisan Business is the significant to you, and why?
Two years ago when I began studying accounting was a very significant moment for me. It was so meaningful to have the the staff here recognize my potential. I have loved learning new skills. I am so grateful for the new opportunities studying accounting has provided. I remember being nervous when I first began, but everyone was so encouraging. Now I am obtaining my accounting certification and studying for a bachelor’s degree!
- What is one thing you like about living here in the shelter?
I love being able to live with my friends, watch TV or go on spontaneous adventures in our neighborhood.
- Which steps of vocational training have you completed?
- Computer Class
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Additional study: English classes, professional accounting classes (working for her certification), studying for her BA in English
Fay is the first woman at our Artisan Partner Business to return to school for her Bachelors degree. It is very exceptional that she was able to pass the entrance exams to go to undergraduate school. We are very proud of Fay!
- How have you changed since you arrived at the Artisan Business?
I have learned new skills, studied, and grown in my professional skills. I have been able to develop a pretty extensive resume since joining this business.
- What is your happiest memory here?
I love our annual All-Staff Retreats. I love having employees from all three offices together (Headquarters, Riverside, USA). I am so happy when we are in the bus traveling to our retreat location. All of my favorite people are in the same place and it is so easy to talk!
Finishing a class and obtaining a new certification is also a very happy time for me.
- What would you like our customers to know about you or your work?
Thank you for supporting this company because it gives me the opportunity to study and develop professionally.