The Storyline Collection: Meet Chenny
To create our Storyline Collection, our Artisan Partners use refined materials like 10k gold and semi-precious stones to create beautiful designs that tell a story—both for the wearer and the maker. With your purchases, you make it possible for our partners to walk alongside more women as they overcome human trafficking and exploitation and step into a life of hope and dignity. Meet some one the women who brings this special collection to life.
Birthday: October 30, 1990
Arrived at Our Partner Workshop: April 2010
Job Title: Production Staff
- How did you come to be at Noonday’s Partner Workshop?
Outreach team volunteers visited me in the shops. It takes 18 hours to get from my hometown to our headquarters city.
- What are your job responsibilities in the Artisan Business?
I am a Production Staff member, which means I make the jewelry. I really like making necklaces.
- What moment at the Artisan Business is the significant to you, and why?
The most significant moment to me is when one of the leaders brought me to church. I have a new heart since coming here. I am kinder, a better friend, and more patient.
- What is one thing you like about living here in the shelter?
I like the fact the shelter is big. I love having a big and spacious room. My room at the shelter is the biggest and most comfortable room I’ve ever had.
- Which steps of vocational training have you completed?
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Additional study: English and Math
- How have you changed since you arrived at the Artisan Business?
I think I had a bad temper before coming here. Now I am more mild and have a much calmer attitude. I do not get angry as easily.
- What is your happiest memory here?
Our trip to the beach a few years ago was awesome! I was my first time to the beach and it was so much fun to go with coworkers. I loved playing in the sand.
- What would you like our customers to know about you or your work?
I am happy to work with such nice people.