Noonday Collection Joins the Fair Trade Federation!
We are excited to announce that after a rigorous application process beginning early this spring, Noonday Collection is officially a proud member of the Fair Trade Federation.
While Noonday Collection has always done business according to the principles of Fair Trade, we are excited to have completed the process of becoming members of the FTF. This fits our mission of using fashion and design to create economic opportunity for the vulnerable.
Noonday Collection is fully committed to Fair Trade. This means you can feel confident wearing and sharing Noonday.
Want to learn more about Fair Trade? Here are answers to some common questions…
What is the Fair Trade Federation?
The Fair Trade Federation (FTF) is an organization that brings together 250 businesses that share a commitment to the principles of Fair Trade.
What does FTF membership mean for Noonday Collection?
Noonday Collection has successfully completed an intensive screening process to become a member of the FTF. This means:
- We have fulfilled all the membership requirements of the FTF, including undergoing a screening process and completing a fully transparent application in regards to our practices and policies.
- The FTF has affirmed that our pricing is fair to all parties, with an emphasis on empowering our Artisan partners.
- We are publicly reaffirming our commitment to upholding the Fair Trade Federation Principles.
What are the principles of Fair Trade?
The Fair Trade Federation Principles are designed to promote greater equity in international trade. Fair Trade is a strategy for poverty alleviation and sustainable development. FTF members fully commit to the following principles in all of their transactions:
- Create Opportunities for Economically and Socially Marginalized Producers
- Develop Transparent and Accountable Relationships
- Build Capacity
- Promote Fair Trade
- Pay Promptly and Fairly
- Support Safe and Empowering Working Conditions
- Ensure the Rights of Children
- Cultivate Environmental Stewardship
- Respect Cultural Identity
Want to learn more?
We are excited to be a part of the FTF and to join the incredible businesses who share our commitment to alleviating poverty and creating opportunity. To learn more about how we do business, you can also read the incredible stories and facts on our website.
Meet Travis Wilson
Travis is Noonday Collection’s Co-CEO. His journey to Noonday started many years ago when he left his job as an investment banker to become a banker to the poor in Africa. Travis is passionate about the role of entrepreneurship in alleviating poverty and creating social change. On weekends and when not traveling the world, he enjoys spending time with his wife and three children.